Ain’t No Sunshine and Kris Allen

Written By Rocky Batara on Monday, May 25, 2009 | 9:31 AM

The fever for 'American Idol Season 8' is still rising up even hotter! After the announcement of winner last May 20, 2009, all fanatics, TV viewers, even me were all amazed by the performance of this new idol winner dubbed as the 'dark horse'.

The grand finale of this Season 8 American Idol was a star-studded one. Almost all well-known artist peformed in the said finale including the Black-eyed peas, Cindy Whooper, Lionel Richie, David Cook, and many more. But of course, the peformance of the two finalist were very much watched!

Well, to satisfy your craving, I have here a short profile for your idol, Kris Allen who now crowned as "American Idol"!




Early Life and Music

Kris Allen was born June 21, 1985 in Jacksonville, Arkansas. He taught himself to play guitar at the age of 13 and can play multiple instruments. In 2007, he self-produced an album titled Brand New Shoes with friends Michael Holmes and Chase Erwin.

Kris Allen is a worship leader at New Life Church in Maumelle, Arkansas. He has been involved in missionary work around the world including Burma, Morocco, Mozambique, South Africa, Spain, and Thailand. Much of his musical background is connected with his church experiences.

American Idol Contestant

Kris Allen auditioned for American Idol in Louisville, Kentucky singing the song "A Song For You." During Hollywood week, he performed in a group that included Matt Giraud, one of the last five finalists. Early on, Kris Allen was not considered one of the favorites to make it near the finale. However, his reputation as one of the top finalists has grown throughout the competition. On May 20, 2009, Kris Allen was announced as the winner of 2009's American Idol.

The Style of Kris Allen

Kris Allen has been compared to the singer-songwriter style of Jason Mraz. He creates a number of his own arrangements and has performed multiple times with his guitar. Many consider Kris Allen to be the dark horse stealth contestant for season eight.
(Article SOURCE:http://top40.about.com/od/l/p/krisallen.htm)


Want more? Here is Kris Allen's Complete Profile:

Birth Name:
Kristopher Neil Allen

Birth Date:
June 21, 1985

Birth Place:
Jacksonville, Arkansas, USA

Claim to fame:
Winner of "American Idol" 8th season

Height:
5' 8"

Nationality:
American

Education:
• Attended Murrell Taylor Elementary School
• Attended Fuller Middle School
• Attended Mills University Studies High School

His Family:
Father:
Neil Allen

Mother:
Kimberly

Brother:
Daniel (younger)

Spouse:
Katy O'Connell Allen (since 26-Sep-08)



And of course, this slot wouldn't be completed if I won't provide you with the song that made him or put him to fame. So, before we finally end, here is the lyrics of the song, "Ain't No Sunshine", the song he sang together with his piano during the finale! This song was originally done before by Will Young, Eva Cassidy, and Bill Withers!



Ain’t No Sunshine
(Kris Allen)

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
It's not warm when she's away.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long anytime she goes away.

Wonder this time where she's gone,
Wonder if she's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away.

And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know

Hey, I ought to leave the young thing alone,
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone, only darkness everyday.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,
And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away.

Anytime she goes away.
Anytime she goes away.
Anytime she goes away.
Anytime she goes away.
Share this article :

0 comments: