Hold On

Written By Rocky Batara on Friday, July 10, 2009 | 6:24 PM

All of us got familiar with this song as the previous hit Koreanovela "Jumong" aired on TV. Yup, it was the Shamrock who made the revision of this hit.

It's Jumong who always comes on your mind hearing this song. But, have you ever ask or did you even know that this same song also plays a memorable role in my life?


Yup, this particular song started my singing career!

I was a new employee in my previous second job way back September of 2007. As part of their tradition besides having a 'first blood', every newbie in their team was given a chance to show their talents. It's up to the newbie to sing, dance, act, or anything he may want to do.

Since in the team we are 5 newhires, we decided to collaborate and make a big show. We plan to either act or be a fashion model ramping infront of them. But eventually, those plans were all disregarded since according to our boss, we need to peform individually.

Not actally individual since the two of us from the 5 new hires started earlier than the 3 next. So the two of us planned to sing. Yup, to have a duet singing infront of our new teams. And, this song "Hold On", is the one we sang!

A round of applause were given to us! Yeah, they were all amazed that we two, specially me have the singing voice! We got the talent of singing! c",)

And so starting to this incident, I could now sing more different songs infront of them. I was their videoke king during our team outing! This song eventually led to as my trademark to them.


Well, it such a great thing to remember those moments. Added also to this song, I used this song as my themesong to the days that I need to leave my former love. I need to graduate in March 2007 so I need to leave her for good! Hmmmm... no more love story for now, here is Shamrock for their version of "Hold On". Enjoy! c",)


Hold On

(Shamrock)

Hey, baby, how's life been movin' on?
I can't deny it, now you are gone
This is the first time
Can I make it through?
Without you now, do the things I used to do

It's getting harder to ease the pain
The feeling changes, love still remains
I don't know how if I can get this right
Maybe given time
I'll make the most of what I've got

Is this the price we pay
With all the good times we shared
Faithfully, we've got a reason to go on
I know it's good to be true
Just spend the nights with you
Let me tell you that our love can make it through

Hold on, baby hold on
We've got to go on now
This feeling so strong
Hold on, baby hold on
It's a burning desire
Comin' right down the wire

Sweet talking it's all in the line
There's no turning back
Unless you make up your mind
The expectations after all of these years
Risin' to the moment let's forget all our fears

Is this the love we have
With all the good times we shared
Faithfully, we've got a reason to go on
I know it's good to be true
Just spend the nights with you
Let me tell you that our love can make it through

Hold on, baby hold on
We've got to go on now
This feeling so strong
Hold on, baby hold on
It's a burning desire
Comin' right down the wire

And when the night is over
Well, no one can deny it
Got to believe in
We couldn't ask for more
Than to hold each other tight
It's just we'll never take things for granted

Hold on, baby hold on
We've got to go on now
This feeling so strong
Hold on, baby hold on
It's a burning desire
Comin' right down the wire
Hold on, baby hold on (hold on)
We've got to go on now
(You can hold on to me while I hold on to you…)
Hold on, baby hold on… (hold on)
Share this article :

0 comments: