I’ve Had The Time Of My Life

Written By Rocky Batara on Saturday, November 14, 2009 | 2:50 AM

Wedding...! Well, this is somewhat the dream of almost all of us. Nothing so sweet or so romantic to finally marry our special someone we love.

But what if marrying the one we love is the hardest thing to do!? ...that we need to face different trials and challenges before we have our sweetheart in the altar?!

I know, majority of you already watched this latest box-office movie of Star Cinema. A unusual comedy story of a unique family compose of the characters played by Toni Gonzaga, Ms. Ai-Ai Delas Ala, and former President Joseph Estrada with their soon to be member Sam Milby together with her mom, Dionisia Pacquiao.

Yup, this is another movie team-up of Toni Gonzaga and Sam Milby but this time, they were joined by a powerhouse cast composed of Ai-Ai, Erap, and Aling Dionisia! If they were previously doing a romance-comedy flick, now more comedy is about to witness!

Hmmm...allow me to give some insights to this movie as well as its theme song!

Well, "Ang Tanging Pamilya" is about a long distance relationship of Charlie (Toni Gonzaga) and Prince (Sam Milby). Prince finally propose to Charlie that was very much approved by her mom Sunshine (Ai-Ai Delas Alas) who is also expecting the same church wedding from her husband Dindo (Joseph Estrada) as his promise for their 25th year anniversary.

But Dindo vehemently disapproves both wedding to take place so Charlie with her ever-supportive mom, Sunshine help Prince to get the approval of Dindo.

But Dindo's approval is not only the issue. The conflict is ever heated by the arrival of Prince's rich mother Marlene (Dionisia Pacquiao) who wanted the things done her way!

As the wedding draws nearer, the issues and chaos between the two families go in a downhill spiral. Hmmm...will their wedding still be prosper? How will the young couple faces these hidrances!? And of course, I am very much excited to see the spoof scene of Sam and Ai-ai taken from the movie "In My Life". How does the story come to this phase?!


Yeah, for some who didn't yet see the movie like me, I know you are really excited!

And so let us now proceed to the soundtrack of this movie, the song "I’ve Had The Time Of My Life". For the fourth time doing four movies together, Sam and Toni made again another duet. I think this is also included in their recently released duet album entitled Love Duet! Some songs from this album were already heard in the radio like the "Way Back Into Love" which was also used as the theme in the afternoon series Precious Heart Romances.

Yup, this is another song revival. Sam and Toni made a perfect combination doing this song. The first time I heard this song was not in this movie but in a certain radio station. Hearing it, I was really inspired and give them a standing applause! They were such a perfect combination love team! Yeah!

And like we always do, here is the lyrics of the song "I’ve Had The Time Of My Life" as perfomed by Toni and Sam. Don't worry, 'coz later I will provide you the MP3 of this so that you can even hear it! Cheers! c",)





I’ve Had The Time Of My Life
(Sam Milby and Toni Gonzaga)

Sam: Now I’ve had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it’s the truth
and I owe it all to you

Toni: ‘Cause I’ve had the time of my life
and I owe it all to you

Sam: I’ve been waiting for so long
Now I’ve finally found someone
To stand by me

Toni: We saw the writing on the wall
As we felt this magical fantasy

Both: Now with passion in our eyes
There’s no way we could disguise it secretly
So we take each other’s hand
‘Cause we seem to understand the urgency

Sam: just remember
Toni: You’re the one thing

Sam: I can’t get enough of
Toni: So I’ll tell you something

Both:This could be love because

(CHORUS)
Both: I’ve had the time of my life
No I never felt this way before
Yes I swear it’s the truth
And I owe it all to you
‘Cause I’ve had the time of my life
And I’ve searched through every open door
‘Til I found the truth
And I owe it all to you

Toni: With my body and soul
I want you more than you’ll ever know

Sam: So we’ll just let it go
Don’t be afraid to lose control

Toni: Yes I know whats on your mind
When you say:
“Stay with me tonight.”

Sam: Just remember
You’re the one thing

Toni: I can’t get enough of

Sam: So I’ll tell you something

Both: This could be love because

(CHORUS)
Both: ‘Cause I had the time of my life
No I’ve never felt this way before
Yes I swear it’s the truth
And I owe it all to you
‘Cause I’ve had the time of my life
And I’ve searched through every open door
Till I found the truth
and I owe it all to you
*Instrumental*

Sam: Now I’ve had the time of my life
No I never felt this way before
(Toni: Never Felt this way)

Sam: Yes I swear it’s the truth
and I owe it all to you

Both: ‘Cause I had the time of my life
And I’ve searched through every open door
Till I’ve found the truth
and I owe it all to you

Both: “cause I’ve had the time of my life
No I’ve never felt this way before
Yes I swear it’s the truth
And I owe it all to you
Share this article :

1 comments:

MaoBah said...

I like this song..thanks for the lyrics..